trees

trees

Monday, August 13, 2012

3 months later.....

So.... It's been a while.

These past few months have been INTENSE and so much is changing/has changed/ will change.

So this September I am going to College instead of carrying on Homeschooling! English college is different to US college however- for you Americans I am essentially going to be back in my Junior year of high school. My college course is 2 years long and the subject I'm focusing on is Health and Social care- this means that I will be studying on different aspects of health, socially, physically and emotionally. There are many different parts to the course and I'm still not 100% sure what it's going to be. It was a pretty spontaneous decision and tomorrow I have a meeting with one of the teachers so then I think I'll know what is actually going down. :) Yay for change. It's scary but so exciting. God has given me so many conformations about this and his promises to me are so strong. I'm not really fearful, just not knowing what to do with myself for the last 3 weeks of summer vay-cay before college starts!

OLYMPICS 2012. 


As we all know the Olympics this year was held in England. This is where I live. This also meant that many different teams were going to be sent out to Olympic cities all over England to do outreach. At first I was determined that I was going to be in a London team but God had a different plan. He put Coventry on my heart. Coventry is a city that is about 20 minutes away from where I live, and its where the football was being held for the Olympics. I knew that God was going to send me there and at first I objected strongly to the idea but then gave in because I knew God wasn't going to back down... and who am I to argue with my maker? After I chose my destination I had to chose my team. There were a couple of teams going there from the King's Lodge and God had to pull massive strings in order to get me to go on the team I went on. I actually registered and paid just the night before the training camp started. Most impulsive decision I've made so far....

So this outreach started off with a 5 day long camp in YWAM Harpenden (near London). It was called 'Go 4 Glory' and it was an Arts & Sports camp with teams from all over the world. We basically just got to know our teams better and spent a lot of time worshiping and prepping for outreach there. After that, the Coventry teams left to go to a town called Droitwich where we did 3 days of Family Fun days for a local school. God taught me a lot through it and it was a really surprisingly fruitful time :) Yay Jesus.

When Droitwich had finished, the Coventry teams then split up again into our individual teams. My group was actually living in a church center that was located right in the city center which was great for ministry! The other Coventry team was staying at the King's Lodge. 



Ho Hm. That is the basic outline of the outreach. And it was probably one of (if not) the best outreaches I have ever been on. Statement! I say this because my team was incredible and I have never seen so much immediate transformation in people before. Every day we would see people come to accept Jesus on the streets and in the church. My team had about 15 members and each person encountered God strongly during the week. We all came out as different people because of the love that God had revealed to us and then how we could apply that love to our lives. While we were there we did street evangelism, cafe ministry (there was a cafe running inside the church), Ceilidh dancing (scottish dancing), open air family fun days, friendship ministry.... All sorts :) 


Through out the week I fell so in love with Jesus. Who knew what a gentleman he was? :) He revealed that to me personally and also through other people... He knows exactly what we need! It's so exciting.

Stories? Ok.

We were on the street doing street evangelism one day and a man and woman came running up to some of us. The man knew my team leader but the woman was new to us... They were both from Thailand and the man was a Christian but the woman wasn't. We asked them what was going on and he told us that the woman didn't know Jesus but she wanted to know. The Thai woman started crying and she told us that she was so broken and that she wanted to know who Jesus was. It was so precious and it broke my heart.... I then shared the gospel with her and through translation, she accepted Jesus as her saviour. :) waheeeeyyy!!! I saw her again a few days after that and I asked her how she was doing... she said that she felt so free and happy :D She looked so different and her face was brighter. Jesus works miracles! 

The church I was working with was called Holy Trinity Church. It's a beautiful, old, Anglican church and it's located right in the center of Coventry. It's a historical building which means many tourists come to look around all through out the year, and especially during an event like the Olympics. One day an Indian man came in and got talking with someone who worked at the church. He said to them 'I am a Hindu but I don't want to be any more... I want to be a Christian.' um.. Wow? That isn't normal. But it was incredible. A translator was brought in and the man gave his life to Jesus the next day! :)






I have so many more stories. so many. I would love to share them with you but I think I've written a lot already!! But I'm always up to talking to ANYONE! Just let me know and I'd love to meet with you. Love you all!!! Thanks for your support and prayers.... Watch this space for more updates :)











- Giving out flowers to the public :)







1 comment:

  1. HI Elisa,

    So delighted to read your blog, wow what a wonderful awesome time you have had. How fantastic to hear of your experiences and especially the miracle of the lovely Thai lady coming to know jesus. Well done for your obedience in going to the place and with the team God showed you to go with . All these are wonderful learning experiences that will and have already stood you in good stead for life.

    I had my own mini miracle yesterday which was very encouraging.

    Lots of love

    Judy xxxx

    ReplyDelete