trees

trees

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Half Term!!

Aloha Amigos!!

How's it going in your neck of the woods? Over in Inglaterra, it is pretty fantastic. =]

       This past week and a half has been crazy non-stop, full of joy, laughter, serving, sickness and tiredness. Yep. Sickness and Joy. Strange huh?

   In England there is a week at the end of October that students get off school. On the first weekend of the half term I took part in an event at my church, funnily enough called 'The Event'. =] 
It was a time where loads of local youth groups met together from Friday-Sunday, and chilled, worshiped, prayed together and encouraged each other. 
    It was such a good soaking time.. there is so much to write but I shall refrain =] Feel free to ask questions though. 

At the beginning of 'The Event', I started to come down with a cold, which got worse despite all the medication and health drinks I consumed -.- On the Sunday night after The Event had finished, my brother, some friends and I jumped in a mini-bus to drive down to Cambridge to join with a bigger event that involved WildFire, Soul Survivor, YFC and other organizations. 
     I honestly had no idea what to expect, I just went along with the flow :) It turned out to be a really great week where we held fun days, a talent show, a ceilidh(Scottish dancing), workshops and I got to chilled out with some elderly people. They were so precious :) 
  However I was(and still am!) completely shattered from all the constant activity. 

Apart from that:...

 Tomorrow I am going to go job searching.. I am really open to any thing. I am going to hand out some CV's
 [equivalent to a resume, my American readers :)] to some shops & cafe's in town, hopefully something will open up! I would really appreciate all of your prayers during this time :) 

And I am also travelling to California next January with my dad, so if anyone is in the area, lets meet up =]







No comments:

Post a Comment