trees

trees

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Purple Stained Fingers...

Good evening, dear and wonderful readers :)


I thought I would complete my fortnightly update, so here I go!
  
...These past few weeks have been awesome. August is turning into Autumn, the days are getting shorter and the leaves are changing colour. Today I went on a wonderful frolick with two fantastic people, Madeline and Abbey. We went blackberry picking and though we got stung, pricked, stained and dirty from the spontaneous outing, it was so refreshing to go on an adventure, discuss life and become inspired. I like my friends :)       
               Other than that, this past weekend I went away to Wales with my fabulous youth group for an end-of-the-summer get away. It was brilliant; we did crazy challenges, went on long walks and had awesome worship times. Our focus of the weekend was our fears, and that lead onto the fear of God and what effect that had on our lives. I was really convicted by that, realizing that I wasn't respecting God the way I should. 


             -To know the supreme reality of God's sovereignty 
           without religiously separating myself from him 


Our God is a personal God. He desires relationship with us, because he is love to the very core of his being. I still cannot get over that concept. It really tugs on the strings of my heart.


Why would God, the creator of the universe and father of humanity, want to have a relationship with me? How can He know everything about me, yet love me unconditionally anyway? It just doesn't seem right.. yet that is the beauty of the wonderful love story that life is. God's grace is enough and sufficient for us.  


WOAHHHHH. 
Ok, those have been some of my current thoughts. I also have a few others that I would like to share.. a few fears that I have been carrying...


Fear of the future: Realistically, who doesn't have this doubt? It is a life long fear of 'What will tomorrow hold?' 'How can tomorrow be any different than the terrible day I had today?'
Each day seems as repetitive as the last; get up, eat, be with friends, watch t.v., sleep, repeat. 
I want more. I need inspiration. 
As some of you know I am carrying on homeschooling this year, and I didn't think about going to college, purely because I don't want to be dedicated to something here in England so that I can't be portable. I want to keep the door of travel open and operative. I will see how this plays out..


Fear of passing relationships: I love being in YWAM and travelling more than anything, mostly because of all the wonderful people I meet and friendships I build.. but this lifestyle has one very dark side: saying goodbye. I have had to say farewell to friends in England, Hawaii, Mexico, Romania.. and the people that have journeyed with me along the way. My biggest fear is losing those friendships but also becoming numb and hesitant to new opportunities to make new friends.
     It is a vicious circle, friends. A very vicious circle. 


But, Alas! I shall continue to look on the bright side =] 






     -Glory Berries. (I did not take this picture, But I love it so!)





<3 <3

1 comment:

  1. Love the glory berries <3
    His grace IS sufficient for us... and His mercies are new every morning. Gloria Dios.
    Loved reading this! Miss youu

    ReplyDelete