trees

trees

Friday, August 5, 2011

Ori distracţie în Transilvania

HI WORLD :)

As most of you know, I am currently in Romania, the land of Dracula & amazing authentic culture. We have been here for 10 days now and the only word that can describe my time so far is: superfantabulous.

The type of ministry we have been doing is mainly working with gypsy kids and doing practical work around the base. After coming back from Mexico I was preparing myself for a fast paced non-stop outreach but this one has been way more chill and flexible. I have been able to spend more quality time with the team and pour all of my energy into that one ministry.

One of the main things that I have learnt from this outreach is how most of the time our mindset is that we as individuals visit another country in order to help the people because we are 'westeners' and almost superior.. when I actually am starting to believe that it is quite positively the other way around. I think that God sends us to these places so we can learn from them, their culture and their love. They have so little to give yet they want to give it all just to bless us. That realisation has been like a slap across the face and it has inspired me for when i leave to go home.

Another thing I have grown in alot is the art of encouragement. I've learnt alot about my self and how I see other people. I have realised that constantly affirming each other is an essential for building unity. We should all do it more :)


This blogpost was short but sweet, I shall write more once I have arrived back into the great land that is home. ;)


mulţumesc.

Elize

No comments:

Post a Comment