trees

trees

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Half way point

We are half way through our time here in India. This time next week we will be packing up, preparing for our 1am departure (death worthy, I know).

I don't feel like I can put into words what I have felt or seen while I have been here.

The reality of how half the world has to live slaps me daily. Tonight I was in the 'house' of a family of 8 people, and the size of the one room they owned was so small it would be physically impossible for them to all sleep at night. That is no exagguration. Yet with the little they had, they served us chai and continually thanked the Lord. :) They were such an inspiration.

The team from my church left on saturday, so it is currently just my dad, jonny and me doing outreach with the other ministry people. Last week we went to one slum where we prayed for a man who had stomach cancer, and he gave his life to Christ that night. Today we went back to that slum and his wife told us that he'd passed away a few days ago. My heart broke for the family that has been left behind, yet I also rejoiced because this man is now in heaven and that I will hopefully meet him one day =]

Life is so short! The reality of now and eternity is crazy. 

Hmmm. Apart from that, I love India... the people, the crazy traffic, the weather.... :) Everyone is so friendly. Counter-cultural shock, coming from England! haha

I spent 3 hours searching for a camera charger in a city. I finally found one. PTL.
Another thing- I'm coming down with a cold which is ironic... but also annoying. I do not need this sickness right now! ><

Keep sendin' your prayers my way! I need them all the time:)

Love & Peace <3

Blogspot isn't letting me upload pictures but you can have a look at what I'm getting up to here:









No comments:

Post a Comment